PracticeSuite PRO features
A revolutionary approach to guitar practice and learning music
Emuso/PracticeSuite PRO provides all the tools you need. It uses a revolutionary approach for amazing results that you’ll love. This will take your practice to the next level and beyond, all the way to advanced guitarist.
We strip music concepts back to the core so there’s so much less to learn and remember, compared to learning by notation, note names, or by TAB. Music is about relationships between sounds, these being intervals. Much theory can be explained in terms of intervals, either for showing where chords are rooted in a scale, or for showing the make-up of a chord or scale. So intervals are always visualised, heard, and quickly associated with shapes on interactive instrument (“guitar”, “bass”, “piano”).
You learn using a toolkit and interactive content which include auto-correcting tests taken on the above instruments. For example, the content may ask you to create a scale and it will check the intervals are correct, and you can ask to see and hear the correct answer if you made a mistake.
- Easily understand the fretboard and absorb musical concepts, resulting in steady progress, new ideas, new pathways on the fretboard.
- Grow your vocabulary and understand how to use chords, inversions, and scales, to create emotional responses, and learn to recognise their sounds by ear.
- Understand basic theory, off and on the guitar, on your first day with no previous knowledge.
- Develop the ability to understand the note choices used by your favourite players.
- Use or rapidly create exercises and melodic studies (scale practice, arpeggios etc.) for new ideas, improved technique and timing.
- Explore all aspects of rhythm, visually, no music notation.
- Interactive content lets you test yourself “on-instrument”… we auto-correct. You see and hear the difference.
Click any image below to enlarge it. Here’s what PracticeSuite PRO comes with…
Interactive quick start guides
Include virtual guitar, virtual bass, virtual piano, with note transfer across instruments.
- Several guitar tunings
- Create your own
Scale library provides wide range of scales. These can be layed out on the fretboard in many ways. Or create your own scales. Hover mouse over scale note to see/hear tertian/quartal chord rooted at the scale note or pentatonic with tonic at the scale note. Relocate scale anywhere with mouse.
- By region
- By box (1 string to all strings)
- 3 notes per string
- entire fretboard
- Horizontal scale-aware pattern translations (with chromatics)
- Vertical scale-aware pattern translations (with chromatics) constrained within initial scale shape
- Assign new tonic within scale shape (modes)
Chord library provides wide range of editable chords or create your own. Relocate chord anywhere with mouse. Hover over chord note with mouse to hear individual note. This helps pick out inner voices when chord is then listened to.
- Automatic: Click on scale note and current chord quality from scale is generated
- Chord quality: From triads to thirteenths and quartal triads and sevenths
- Horizontal (along string) inversions
- Vertical (across strings) inversions
Visualises theory (scale/chord, scale/scale, and chord/chord relationships)
- interval library
- same pitch tool
- string hiding
- labelling choices
- colour choices
- Problem melodies (create own for comparisons)
- Harmony (own chords or scale-based)
- Interactive tests including “see then sing”
- Navigate along a melody or progression to compare correct answer with response
- Timing (off-beats etc)
- Simple rhythm through to polyrhythms
- Time displacement from “behind the beat” to shifting melodies
- Transposition, especially for technique regimes
- Music sketches
- Chord progressions
- Dynamic (semantic) tab with changeable labelling
- Import and export
- With visual theory
Example scale lesson
Example rhythm lesson
Interactive help system
- Touch-of-a-button help videos and user guides