Mouse actions on virtual instrument
This video demonstrates some of the interactions available on instrument, using the mouse and instrument icons at the top of emuso. These icons look like:
The full set of interactions let you get the most out of emuso.
- locating and relocating music constructs by drag or click on the virtual guitar, piano etc.
- selecting pitch(es) to choose notes to use for a melody, using right-click
- selecting pitches just by moving the mouse over them (no button down) when the appropriate icon is clicked on first to enable this
- dragging selected pitches to edit a chord or scale
- creating and deleting pitches using left-click
- creating and deleting pitch classes using CTRL-right-click (or clicking on icon to enable this with just a left click)
- hovering over a pitch in a scale with no button down, to generate a chord
- hovering over a pitch in a chord with no button down, to hear its individual sound, to help hear it within a chord
- dragging out a box to show where the construct’s pitches can be found in that box